Sunday, January 20, 2008

21st Birthday

So it is my 21st birthday today and I must admit, it's been pleasent. To start this sunday, I ate some breakfast and watched Norbit for the first time. It was hilarious. I tend to enjoy black comedy every once in a while. Now I'm gearing up for the Packers game (I believe they have a real chance to make it to the super bowl). The whole day has been sitting in my bed watching T.V., and I'm enjoying it.

Since this blog is about djing and music I thought I might say something about it. To start, me and an artist (the artist I've been ranting about for the last month) are getting together and are working on something together. Can't get into too much information.

I also watched The Good the Bad and The Ugly friday night and I was enthused by the level of musical composition that the motion picture. The composer Ennio Morricone developed the most beautiful music in a movie I've heard in a VERY, VERY long time. The man is a genious. His works are way ahead of its time. I compared the music to other 60 movies, and it's just not the same. It's emotional, independent sounding using various sounds and weird instruments. I even took it upon myself to go into Reason and try to replicate one of his works, and it doesn't sound that bad. No I wont share with you, I wouldn't embarass myself like that, but it would be cool if someone like Boelex or Fuzz tried a downtempo/contemporary remix of these tracks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you have a tracklist of that khavi set2 mix?

thanx
michiel